This pass allows free off-peak travel on local buses everywhere in England. Off-peak hours are from 9:30am until 11pm Monday to Friday and all day at weekends and Bank Holidays.
Before you apply
You can apply for an older person's bus pass if you have reached the state pension age and are a permanent resident of Poole.
To find out when you become eligible for your bus pass, check your State Pension age on GOV.UK.
To confirm your address is in Poole, you can check which council area you're in. If you have a second home in Poole, you must apply to the council where your main home is.
Apply for an older person's bus pass
Use this service to:
If you are a Bournemouth resident, please apply on the Services in Bournemouth website.
- apply for an older person's bus pass up to 28 days in advance of your eligibility date if you are a resident of Poole.
You will need:
- to set up an online bus pass account
- proof of your permanent residency in Poole (Council Tax bill, rental agreement, utility bill)
- proof of your date of birth (birth certificate, passport, driving licence)
- your National Insurance Number
- a recent passport style/size colour photo: digital or scanned photo.
Bus pass renewals
As long as you have used your pass in the 12 months before the expiry date, it scans on the bus and we have your correct details, we’ll send your renewed bus pass in the post around 2 weeks before the other one runs out.
Other ways to apply
If you would like to apply by post, you can download an application form or request one to be emailed or posted to you by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01202 123700.
Please do not submit your application more than 4 weeks before the date you are eligible. Applications made before this may be refused and returned
If you need any help or support, please call us on 01202 123700.
Please read the terms and conditions for more information about using your bus pass.
Page last updated: 02 March 2021