Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
On advice from the government regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19), bus services have been changed to reflect essential travel guidance, whilst continuing to provide journeys for key workers.
See further information about changes to other services.
People with an eligible disability may be entitled to a bus pass for free off-peak travel on local buses anywhere in England. Off-peak hours are from 9:30am until 11pm Monday to Friday and all day at weekends and Bank Holidays.
Residents who are blind or partially sighted may travel without time restriction provided they board the bus within the Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole area. These passes bear an "all day local" logo.
To confirm your address is in Poole, you can check which council area you're in. If you have a second home in Poole, you must apply to the council where your main home is.
Before you apply
You can apply for a disabled person's bus pass if you have one of the following disabilities which has lasted, or is expected to last for at least 12 months:
- are blind or partially sighted
- are profoundly or severely deaf
- are without speech, for example, you are unable to communicate orally in any language
- do not have arms or have lost the use of both arms
- have been or would be refused a driving licence for medical reasons (excluding the misuse of drugs or alcohol)
- have a disability, or suffered an injury, which has a substantial and long term adverse effect on your ability to walk
- are a member/veteran of the Armed Services seriously injured in service
- have a learning disability - the disability must have started before adulthood and have a lasting effect on development with a reduced ability to understand new or complex information, a difficulty in learning new skills and you may be unable to cope independently.
Use this service to:
- apply for a disabled person's bus pass if you are a Poole resident
If you are a Bournemouth resident, please apply on the Services in Bournemouth website.
- to set up an online bus pass account
- proof of your permanent residency in Poole (Council Tax bill, rental agreement, utility bill)
- proof of your date of birth (birth certificate, passport, driving licence)
- proof of your disability
- your National Insurance Number
- a recent passport style/size colour photo: digital or scanned photo
Renewing your bus pass
We may need to write to you about 6 weeks before your pass is due to run out to ask for up to date evidence to show that you remain eligible before we can renew it. We may also ask for an up to date photograph.
If your bus pass has not been used for over 12 months before the expiry date, we will not automatically contact you. If you do wish to receive a replacement, please contact the Concessionary Fares Team on 01202 123700. You will not need to submit a new application, but you may need to submit evidence of ongoing eligibility and a new photograph.
We will provide, on application, a companion pass to severely disabled residents of Poole who are only able to access local bus services with the assistance of a travelling companion.
Other ways to apply
If you would like to apply by post, you can download an application form or request one to be emailed or posted to you by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01202 123700.
If you need any help or support, please call us on 01202 123700.
Please read the terms and conditions for more information about using your bus pass.
Page last updated: 02 March 2021