Poole Park Miniature Railway is temporarily closed, more details.
About this park
Poole Park is a large, urban park bordering Poole Harbour.
In July 2017, we were awarded £2.7m of funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) and Big Lottery Fund's Parks for People programme.
Our successful bid for National Lottery funding will support a range of improvements to the historic park over the next four years. Find out more about the Poole Park Life project.
There are three sites at Poole Park that are licensed for you to hire for outdoor events.
Play parks, ducks, picnics, tennis, walking, fitness and watersports.
There are 3 free car parks in the park:
- next to The Kitchen (around 40 spaces, up to 2 hours stay)
- near the small roundabout between Rockley Watersports and The Ark (around 30 spaces, up to 3 hours stay)
- next to The Ark (around 60 spaces, up to 3 hours stay)
You can also park for free on the roads within Poole Park.
Closes at dusk; closed to vehicles between 6am and 10am Monday to Saturday.
Dogs are allowed on a lead.
- drinking water taps
- picnic areas
Food and drink
- The Ark; a cafe with a soft play area and a children's ice skating rink
- Scoops ice cream parlour
- The Kitchen waterside restaurant
Fun things to do
Cygnet children's play area, Swan Lake, Poole Park with:
- multi spring rocker
- climbing frame with slide
- cradle swings and junior swings
- tree seat and picnic tables
- activity wall
- talk tubes
- play train
West Gate children's play area, Park Lake Road with:
- climbing frame
- toddler and large slides
- talk tubes
- cradle swings
- seating and picnic table
- by foot: main entrances in Parkstone Road, Sandbanks Road and Whitecliff Road
- by car: Kingland Road, Sandbanks Road, Whitecliff Road and Copse Close
- from Monday to Saturday between 6am and 10am you cannot drive into Poole Park
Friends of Poole Park
The Friends of Poole Park is a charity made up of members of Poole community with a special interest in the development and future of Poole Park.
Sport and exercise
Photo shows the location of the sports pitch in Poole Park:
Page last updated: 30 April 2019