Premises Licence

Each of our event sites has a Premises Licence held by the Borough of Poole. This Licence covers events for up to 4,999 people. It allows regulated entertainment such as music but does not include permission for the supply/sale of alcohol. Depending on the scale of your event you may need to apply for your own licence. The sooner we know the scale of your event, the sooner we can advise on your Licensing requirements.


Temporary Event Notice

You can apply for a Temporary Event Notice (TENS) if you want to provide alcohol at your event. The TENS will allow up to 499 people in a controlled alcohol area. Event Organiser’s are responsible for ensuring alcohol is sold in line with the Challenge 25 Policy and that adequate signage is displayed. For safety reasons, beverages are only permitted to be sold in plastic vessels unless agreed otherwise.

Charity collections/lotteries/raffles

If you are having a raffle, lottery or charity collection as part of your event, you may need to apply for a permit.

For more information contact the licensing team at environment and consumer protection services: or 01202 261700.

Page last updated: 03 June 2019
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.