Thank you for considering Poole as the place to hold your event.
We welcome applications for both large and small scale events that add vibrancy, cultural cohesion and exposure to new experiences to the Borough of Poole.
Poole has many event sites including outdoor parks, opens spaces, Upton Country Park and beach locations to choose from. We recommend you view the site details or visit the site before applying to ensure it meets all your requirements.
Contact us to discuss your ideas
As soon as you have an idea for your event, please email the events team or phone 01202 451742 to check that the date and venue are available.
A minimum of 3 months notice is needed to apply for an event, and a minimum of six months for larger events.
If the date and venue are available and your event suits the event site, we will provisionally reserve the date for you and advise you if you need to complete the online application form (you may not need to do this for some smaller events).
If the events team have advised you to complete an application, please click here. All application forms should be accompanied by:
- Public Liability Insurance Certificates
- Risk Assessments
However, these can be submitted at a later date if they are not ready to be submitted with your application.
Terms and conditions apply, please read these carefully.
Complete an application form
The application is designed to help you plan your event and meet your legal, health and safety requirements. If you have any queries at any stage, please contact the events team.
Further advice and guidance can be obtained from Useful links and contacts.
Please allow at least 30 minutes but the time it takes to complete will depend on the size and nature of your event. We will tell you how you are progressing through the form and you can save it at any point and come back to it later.
Please complete as much as possible as once you have submitted your application changes cannot be made to the form. Once submitted any changes will need to be sent by email.
You will need the following information:
- contact details
- event details
- type of activities and catering at the event
- health and safety provision / management of the event site and visitors
- details of infrastructure and equipment
Assessing your application
On receiving your application, the events team will assess it. There is a charge for holding an event on council land so we will contact you to advise you of the fee.
There may be other costs involved if your event requires council services, for example; a Building Surveyor to check the safety of your structures and fire escape plans. We will advise you on this.
The information you provide will be used for assessing your event application and may also be shared with organisations involved in the events application process, including Poole Community Safety Advisory Group.
Event booking letter
Having assessed your application, we will send you an event booking letter detailing fee payment arrangements and requesting any further documentation needed for your event. This may include:
- site plan: giving the event layout to help our understanding of your event. Most event sites have a map that you can use as a base to mark out the position of all the intended attractions and facilities including entrance and exit points, circulation routes, vehicle access, temporary structures and the emergency plan. We can provide site maps for you electronically or on paper
- emergency procedures: detailing evacuation procedure, escape routes and fire exits, fire extinguishers, access for emergency services
- events programme: activities proposed with timings including set-up and take down time
- list of stallholders/exhibitors: with names, addresses, contact numbers and their activity/merchandise
- briefing pack: for marshals/security staff
- first aid provision
We will tell you when we need to receive any additional paperwork and payment. This is usually one month before your event is due to take place.
The final step
When we have received all paperwork and fees, we will write to you to confirm that your event can go ahead. It will include arrangements for collecting/returning any site keys as needed.
Page last updated: 16 December 2019