Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
Sandbanks beach office is currently closed to the public.
Beach wheelchair hire: our wheelchairs are currently unavailable for loan at this time.
See further information about changes to other services.
Winner of the prestigious Blue Flag award for a consecutive 31 years and with its soft, golden sands and breathtaking views, it is no wonder that Sandbanks is considered one of the best beaches in Britain.
Find out about the Poole Harbour Catchment initiative.
- parking: Sandbanks car park (off-street), BH13 7QJ; 532 spaces (5 disabled). See charges for this car park. There is also Harbourside pay and display parking along Banks Road. On hot days the car park fills up fast, so consider alternative ways of travel.
We have the following facilities available:
- public toilets (including accessible/disabled)
- drinking water
- cold water showers on the promenade
- children's play area
- barbecue area
- lifeguard cover from May to September
- beach office.
- you can Sandbanks beach by ramp
- beach accessible wheelchairs are available on a first come, first served basis between May and September
- we also have Mobi-Mat beach access matting in place from May to September every year.
We have a number of beach huts available for both short term hire and annual hire.
There is a designated all year round dog beach area at the western end of Sandbanks beach to Haven Point (near the chain ferry). Always keep dogs on a lead on the promenade. Read our dogs on the beach page.
Please be a responsible owner and pick up after your dog.
The designated area for barbecues is at the western end of Sandbanks beach. This designated area can be used at any time of the day. You can only have a barbecue on other Poole beaches after 6pm, but you should read the barbecue and parties guide before you plan one.
Please dispose of all rubbish responsibly in the bins provided but remember to douse disposable barbecues after use and leave them next to the rubbish bins on the promenade for our beach cleansing team to collect once they have cooled down.
Open fires are not permitted on any of our beaches at any time. You may be prosecuted if you attempt to light an open fire.
Camping is not permitted on any of our beaches at any time. You may be prosecuted if you attempt to camp anywhere along the seafront.
Our sand dunes
Our sand dunes are an SNCI site and are a delicate eco-system.
Please stay off the dunes at all times to help us maintain this unique site and protect their fragile habitats.
Things to do
Visit Poole Tourism for more activities in the area.
Blue Flag, TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice Excellence Award 2013.
Page last updated: 19 April 2021