Alcohol and entertainment licences

5.  Alcohol and entertainment licences

6.  Marquees, tents and gazebos

7.  Keys

5. Alcohol and entertainment licences

If you would like to carry out a ‘licensable activity’ in the Branksome Dene Room you must contact Environmental Services for a Temporary event notice (TEN).

Licensable activity includes:

  • selling alcohol either by paid bar or donation
  • providing entertainment, such as music or dancing 
  • serving hot food or drink after 11pm

When applying for a temporary event notice, please note you must vacate the building by 10.30pm or 12am (midnight), depending on your booking.

You must apply at least 10 clear working days before your event, however, there are a limited number of applications permitted each year so we recommend applying as soon as you book your event to ensure you are granted a temporary event notice.

Page last updated: 13 May 2019
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.