The museum service offers the opportunity for schools to:
- take part in a range of classroom and museum based workshops and projects led by museum staff, based on museum resources in order to support subjects across the curriculum
- borrow a range of resources based on the collections and work of Poole Museum, complete with guidance notes
- benefit from a range of materials developed to enable teachers to deliver effective, inspirational and enjoyable self-guided visits, provide comprehensive support and guidance to your governing bodies, chairs of governors and individual governors
- take part in relevant INSET training to support teachers to use local and natural history resources to enhance teaching and learning across the curriculum
- to access the expertise at Poole Museums Service for project management and advice
Service to be offered:
Schools may choose a gold or silver subscription:
- gold subscribers pay £5 per pupil per year
- silver subscribers pay £2 per pupil per year
Subscribers then benefit from the schedule of services set out below at a free or reduced rate depending on the level of subscription.
The costs of the individual services for subscribers have been set out in the table below. Pay as you go prices have also been included for comparison.
| || || || |
| Service || PAYG || Silver || Gold |
| Price per loan box (for up to half a term) || £40 || £20 || Inclusive |
| Price of advice and project development (per day) || £300 || £100 || Inclusive |
| Price of INSET (twighlight) || £75 || £40 || Inclusive |
| Price of self guided temporary exhibition materials per pupil || £2.50 || £1 || Inclusive |
| Price of half day hire of learning suite || £64 || £30 || Inclusive |
| Plus 10 per cent discount || n/a || n/a || Inclusive |
| Price of workshop per class per hour || £75 || £55 || £30 |
All maintained Poole schools automatically benefit to the same level as gold subscribers.
The Poole Museum Learning Team will ensure the following standards are met:
- comply with national curriculum requirements
- use professional fully-trained staff to deliver sessions
- maintain excellent levels of customer service and check customer satisfaction
- will seek amicable solutions to disputes
- answer all enquiries within 7 days of receipt
- answer phone calls and messages promptly
- acknowledge emails within 1-2 days
- return correspondence within 14 days
For more information contact Dr Trudie Cole, Learning and Access Manager email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01202 262623.
Page last updated: 05 April 2019