The information management service raises awareness of information governance and records management responsibilities and will specifically:
- help schools comply with their duty under the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts
Information governance helps ensure necessary safeguards are in place to allow personal information to be used appropriately and within the law. It is the holistic approach to managing information with sound systems and controls.
Records management deals with the creation, retention, disposal and sharing of records.
The service will be tailored to meet individual needs. We can:
- undertake tailored information management projects on site
- provide guidance and advice and/or develop policy and procedures to help ensure compliance with the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts
- help develop and implement robust systems for handling and responding to subject access and freedom of information requests
- deliver training to staff and governors
Other parties, both internal and external, may be commissioned to support this delivery as needs arise.
For more information contact Bridget West, Corporate Communications and Information Manager by email email@example.com or phone 01202 633085 or Information and Performance Officers by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01202 633580.
Page last updated: 05 April 2019