Governor and support training
This service provides comprehensive support and guidance to your governing bodies, chairs of governors and individual governors.
The service is tailored to need, specifically to:
- support governors and governing bodies in fulfilling their legal responsibilities, keeping them informed of legislative changes and ensuring they are kept updated regularly with educational developments that might affect their work
- enable governors to develop the knowledge, skills and understanding needed to meet their individual and collective roles and responsibilities
- encourage the vital, effective working partnership between governors, the school leadership team and other school staff
Schools and academies using the service will have access to:
- a comprehensive telephone and email service for advice and support during office hours
- termly Poole Governors’ e-newsletters, sent to chairs and clerks for distribution to keep governors up to date with local, regional and national governance issues
- demand led bespoke in-house training session or attendance at a meeting focused on your specific requirements
- unlimited free places on central training courses
- an alternative package of access to central training courses is also available for academies who do not require support, advice or newsletters
The service is made available via a range of packages.
Schools and academies can choose any package to meet their requirements. Download our factsheet for more information.
Contact us by email email@example.com or phone 01202 633508.
Page last updated: 05 April 2019