Pre-application advice is an important part of the planning process. We welcome early discussions before you submit a planning application.
This can help you by:
- giving you advice about the acceptability of your proposed development
- identifying any problems which you may need to solve
- identifying financial contributions
- avoiding abortive work
- providing greater certainty about your application
- speeding up the application process
How to apply
To apply for pre-application advice, download the pre-application advice guidance document. This contains more details about the service and prices.
You will also need the pre-application advice form.
Planning Aid England are able to offer advice and support to help individuals and communities in planning their local area. They are able to offer fully independent and impartial planning advice.
Page last updated: 12 February 2020