Covenant approval guidance

1. Overview

2. Properties acquired under Right to Buy legislation

3. Properties not acquired under Right to Buy legislation

Properties acquired under Right to Buy legislation

Requests for covenant approval, release or variation

For properties acquired under the Right to Buy legislation, a standard form of release is available free of charge, which you or your solicitor can use.

The standard form of release covers:

  • change of use or minor alterations (such as erecting a porch or converting a front garden to a hard standing area)
  • development activity involving building an extension or building a structure (such as a conservatory, garden shed or garage)
  • development activity involving the splitting of a plot or building 

A fee of £40 will be payable if a specifically addressed form of release is required. Once completed, the form should be send with any supporting documents to or to Corporate Estates, Borough of Poole, Civic Centre, Poole, Dorset, BH15 2RU.

Page last updated: 11 June 2019
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.