Coronavirus (COVID-19): change to service
Poole's public car parks are now open. If your parking permit or season ticket is due to expire, please renew it. Any additional extension will be added to the end of the new permit or season ticket.
See further information about changes to services.
Our online system offers permit holders the opportunity to purchase and manage their parking permits online. The system allows for permits to be virtual and paper season tickets will not be issued for displaying in vehicles as the permit information will be uploaded to the Civil Enforcement Officers handheld computers in real time.
More information is available on our parking permits eligibility list, zone names and maps page.
The benefits of the online system are:
- the ability to register 3 vehicles against their permit and nominate the current vehicle parked through their online account
- the ability to change their vehicle online, subject to checks if applicable, removing the need for permits being posted back and forth
- the ability for eligible residents to purchase 24 hour resident visitor permits online and nominate a vehicle to park, removing the need to display paper permits
- purchasing daily visitor or commuter permits as and when they require them rather than buying in bulk. Although daily permits can be bought in advance in bulk and then used when needed
- experiencing a quicker more efficient process as the permit can be purchased online and in most cases will be valid for use immediately, rather than a printed permit being posted to the customer (resident beach season tickets and disabled tax exempt permits will be subject to evidence checks on first use of the new system, before the permit is activated)
All permit holders who wish to use the permit system will need to register an account first. Once registered, customers can apply for any permits they are entitled to. If the permit applied for has any evidence criteria, then the necessary evidence would need to be uploaded to the system on the first occasion, irrespective of whether evidence has been provided in the past.
Once the permit has been issued it can be used immediately as the permits are virtual and paper season tickets will not be posted out.
Applications can still be made by post by using the application forms found on the relevant permit type pages. However, for postal applications only one vehicle can be applied to a permit as with the current arrangement, as these cannot be managed online.
Season tickets/permits available
Page last updated: 20 July 2020