Poole residents who are holders of a valid Blue Badge can have a disabled parking bay installed in a road near their home address, subject to certain conditions.
The bays are installed to assist applicants with parking of their vehicle near their home.
How to apply
To apply for a residential disabled parking bay, you will need to complete the application form. However, before applying please read the conditions page, as certain criteria will need to be met before an application can be approved.
The following documents must be provided along with the application form:
- a valid Blue Badge (photocopy of both sides)
- proof of residence (copy of a utility or Council Tax bill)
- photocopy of DVLA registration document (V5)
The bays will not be installed where:
- general parking is not currently permitted (for example, double yellow lines)
- there is parking within the curtilage of the applicant's property, or the opportunity to make such provision
- it is unsafe to install a bay due to safety reasons (this will be assessed by an engineer)
- there is already an adequate amount of disabled parking in the vicinity
Once installed the bay may be used by any Blue Badge holder and is not reserved exclusively for the applicants use.
A charge of £300 is applicable before a bay can be installed.
Please post the application to:
Parking administration section
Borough of Poole
PO Box 5038
Removal of bays
A bay will be removed when it is no longer needed. It is the responsibility of the applicants to inform us in this situation. An annual review of all residential disabled bays will be carried out, with those deemed no longer justified being removed.
Page last updated: 25 October 2019