Successful closure order obtained by Borough of Poole

Borough of Poole has successfully obtained a premises closure order against a property in Avenel Way, Poole, under the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014. 

The order was obtained on 25 January 2018 and makes it a criminal offence for anyone, apart from the occupier, to enter the property for a period of three months. 

Poole Magistrates Court heard that the privately-owned property in Avenel Way was the centre of anti-social behaviour, including large numbers of visitors to the property and loud noise from both the occupier and visitors such as screaming, shouting, swearing and verbal abuse. This behaviour was having an adverse effect on the local community. 

The occupier received verbal and written warnings about persistent misconduct but the behaviour did not improve. 

Cllr Karen Rampton, Cabinet Portfolio Holder for Housing and Communities, Borough of Poole, said: "We are fortunate in Poole that we rarely see anti-social behaviour on this scale. However, the behaviour in this case impacted a significant number of people in the local community and action needed to be taken. We are pleased to have achieved this closure order with the support of other agencies including Dorset Police." 

Borough of Poole takes reports of anti-social behaviour seriously and works with partners to understand the nature of the problem and tackle issues. We will continue to work with the occupier to try to stop the problems re-establishing and in so doing avoid the need for any further action. 

If you have been affected by anti-social behaviour, there are a number of ways to report it. If it is an emergency, and someone’s safety or property is at risk, please call Dorset Police on 999. 

If it is less urgent, you can: 

  • call the Police non emergency number 101 (24 hour service) if you need a police officer to attend or visit, or to report a crime 
  • call Borough of Poole on 01202 633438 (during working hours) if you want to complain about an incident that has occurred and you need help or support, or you want us to investigate with our partners 
  • report the incident online at using the 'report it' form 
  • contact Crimestoppers or 0800 555 111 to report problems anonymously 


Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.