This 1 day course is for supervisors and managers to gain an understanding of the principles of handling medicines in the workplace including best practice, safe handling of medicines and to carry out competency assessments in adult social care settings.
Medicines in Care Level 2 is required before attending this course. Please do not book on this course if you have not attended the Level 2 course or equivalent previously.
There will be an assessment at the end of the course.
- how to identify poor practice in handling medicines and managing this
- how to complete audit trails in line with regulations
- how to carry out competency assessments
- understanding the correct procedures when dealing with controlled drugs
- defining the importance of safe management of medicines in the workplace
The cost of this course is £40.
New dates for this course will be published here as soon as they are confirmed.
All bookings are made using CPD Online. If you do not already have a CPD account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your:
- organisation name
- telephone number
Please note: Adult social care courses are for staff currently employed in a health and social care setting.
Page last updated: 28 August 2019