If you are a local landlord with private rented properties in the local area then our Help to Let scheme could be for you. You could receive up to £2,000 incentive to provide an affordable tenancy.
Help to Let is a new BCP Council scheme that provides support and incentives to landlord with up to 30 properties who can offer affordable rented accommodation for local people. In return, we will offer you a financial incentive depending on the property type as well as support for new landlords. Your tenant will also be offered support to help them to maintain their tenancy.
In addition to 1 month rent in advance and deposit, we offer the following one-off non-refundable payment for each property in return for a 12 month tenancy:
- shared: £400
- 1 bed: £1,200
- 2 bed: £1,800
- 3 bed: £2,000
- 4 bed: £2,000
- one to one support offered to your tenants along with assistance, where possible, to set up direct Housing Benefit/Universal Credit subject to DWP guidelines
The Help to Let scheme is subject to confirmation that you have the following for each property:
- a carbon monoxide alarm must be installed in all properties where solid fuel is used in line with regulations
- installed smoke alarm
- valid Energy Performance Certificate
- valid Electrical Safety Certificate
- valid Gas Safety Certificate
- assured shorthold tenancy (minimum of 12 months tenancy agreement)
If you are a new private landlord, advice and financial assistance is available to assist towards the above requirements.
If you are looking for a fully managed letting service for your property, Homes4Let offer this on behalf of the council at very competitive rates.
If you are a letting agent and refer a landlord to us and we are able to successfully secure their property, you are eligible for a £250 incentive payment.
Incentives are only available until March 2020.
Telephone: 01202 633487
Page last updated: 07 June 2019