Please note: There is currently an issue with viewing TPO documents on the website. Until this is resolved, if you would like a copy of the TPO, please email email@example.com with your request.
Many trees in Poole are protected by a preservation order and/or conservation area. These are trees of high amenity value or that have significant impact on the environment, which have been identified by us and protected by an order.
Find out more about how we manage council owned trees in Poole.
View Tree Preservation Orders (TPO) on a map
Use the 'Find a property' search on our map to find TPO numbers.
The following TPO's are currently not available on the map:
- TPO 13/00003 77 Springdale Road, 73 Springdale Road, 71 Springdale Road,
- 77 Springdale Road, 1 Lewesdon drive, 3 Wynne Close and 5 Wynne Close
- TPO 19/00007 – 100 Sopers Lane
- TPO 19/00014 – Higher Blandford Road
- TPO 19/00015 – 64 & 73 High Blandford Road
- GRO = group: protects individually identified trees within a group
- AREA = area: protects all trees within the defined area that were present when the TPO was made
- WOOD = woodland: protects all trees regardless of the age of the tree or TPO (including seedlings)
- IND = individual: protects individual trees only
Trees in conservation areas are protected if the diameter of their stem is above 75mm at 1.5 metres above the ground.
View a map of conservation areas to find out if a tree is protected.
The tree preservation data shown, whilst based upon the registers, is not the legal document and is supplied for information purposes only.
Tree Preservation Orders (TPO) are available for viewing by visiting the Planning Reception at the Civic Centre, Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm and Fridays: 9am to 4.30pm.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the data, which is supplied in good faith, we will not accept any liability sustained as a result of reliance thereon.
Please be aware as well as TPOs and conservation areas, trees can also be protected by planning conditions.
Page last updated: 09 December 2019