Apply to carry out work on protected trees

You must complete an application to request permission to carry out works on privately owned trees subject to a preservation order and/or trees in a conservation area.

The form should not be used for requesting works to council owned trees.

Application for tree works: protected trees

Use our application form help notes to assist you with the completion of your form and the validation checklist to ensure you have included all the necessary information. You should also read our application information sheet, which provides a summary of the types of work that require formal consent from us, work that is likely to be approved and a guide of works that are routinely refused.

When completing the form you must make it clear exactly which tree or trees you wish to prune. You must also detail exactly what sort of work you wish to carry out and the reasons why. If you have supporting documentation relating to these reasons you should submit this too.

Tree work request applications are currently free of charge. We do not require payment to process them.

Only 1 copy of the application form, plans and supporting documents needs to be sent to us. Not the number of copies stated by the Planning Portal on its forms and guidance notes.

Page last updated: 04 May 2021
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.

Privately owned tree works and preservation