How we manage and maintain our trees

We manage and maintain the trees we own. If you experience or notice a problem with a tree we own, please report the tree issue to us.

We will remove:

  • dead, dying and dangerous trees
  • damaged and dangerous limbs
  • limbs which are obscuring highway signs, traffic lights or lamps

We will not remove:

  • trees causing leaves to drop in your gutters, or on your drive or garden
  • branches overhanging drive or garden
  • trees blocking sunlight
  • trees blocking satellite dishes, solar panels or TV aerials
  • limbs interfering with telephone lines. You must contact the service provider
  • trees close to but not touching a property
  • trees or branches that are impacting railway lines, instead contact Network Rail: telephone 03457 114 141
  • trees or branches that are impacting electricity cables, instead contact SSE: telephone 0800 052 0400

If you want to carry out tree work to a council owned tree you must request permission first.

Poole Housing Partnership (PHP) residents

If you are a PHP resident reporting a tree on PHP land telephone 0800 6523900 or email

In an emergency outside office hours telephone 0800 506050.

Tree damage to property

If you believe a council owned tree is causing damage to your property and you want to make a claim, please email You must provide as much information as possible and may be required to support your claim with an independent expert's report.

Page last updated: 04 February 2019
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.