Civil disputes about trees

If you consider you have a tree related civil dispute then you are advised to contact a solicitor. We cannot arbitrate in disputes between neighbours over trees.

For further information and assistance please visit the Citizens Advice Bureau website. If the dispute involves the siting or location of a tree, please contact the Land Registry.

We have the power to deal with trees on private land that are obstructing the public highway or are a danger to highway users.

Page last updated: 04 February 2019
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.