Housing affordability briefing paper
The housing affordability briefing paper highlights housing affordability and homelessness issues in Poole.
- historically, house prices in Poole are high relative to local incomes
- Poole's housing remains relatively unaffordable; the ratio of lower quartile house prices to full-time lower quartile incomes is nearly ten to one
- a growing population and smaller household sizes are fuelling significant demand for new homes
- rents in the private sector are relatively high.
- the number of families classified as homeless in Poole appears to be decreasing
Corporate Research Team
Page last updated: 25 April 2019