Economic strategic assessment
The economy strategic assessment highlights the key issues around the economy in Poole. It is part of a series of papers highlighting key issues in Poole.
- Poole has the highest proportion of residents aged 65+ of any urban area in England.
- A shortage of skills across Poole impacts the performance of the local economy. Whilst the availability of higher skills (NVQ4+) has increased this still stands behind national expectations and more significantly behind competitor areas.
- 50% of Poole's employees are working in health, manufacturing, retail and education.
- Employees resident in Poole earn 10% less than their national counterparts.
- The expectations are that new or redeveloped employment land is expected to deliver an additional 14,000 jobs in Poole by 2026.
Corporate Research Team
Page last updated: 05 June 2019