This report summarises the findings of a postal self-completion survey of allotment holders in Poole, conducted in October 2009. As part of a wider review of allotment services across Poole, the survey aimed to learn more about the experiences of plot holders, to help measure satisfaction and guide future service development.
The results of this research fed into the work of the Allotment Review Working Party.
- 59% of allotment holders responded to the survey.
- The overall satisfaction score for allotment provision was 62.9 out of 100.
- The key priorities for improvement highlighted by plot holders were ‘site security’, ‘green waste recycling’, ‘rubbish removal’ and 'maintenance of roads and pathways’.
- Plot holders would also like overhanging vegetation, multiple plot ownership, uncultivated plots and drainage to be given additional attention.
- Over half the respondents at Tatnam Farm and almost a third of respondents at Bushell Mill had experienced theft or vandalism during the past 12 months.
- a notable majority of respondents from Tatnam Farm and Bushell Mill would like their sites to have additional toilets.
Page last updated: 28 August 2019