Parkstone ward is located in the south of Poole and shares boundaries with Poole Town, Oakdale, Newtown and Penn Hill wards. Part of Poole Park and Whitecliff Harbourside Park are located in the south west of the ward. Many local facilities are located near Commercial Road/Bournemouth Road through the centre of the ward, and Ashley Road along the northern boundary. Bournemouth and Poole College is also located in this ward.
- in 2011 the resident population of Parkstone ward was 10,779 people with 5,171 households
- Parkstone ward has on average an older aged resident population than Poole with an average age of 44.4 compared to 42.1
- residents in Parkstone ward were more likely to respond that they had ‘very good health’, with 48.3% compared to 46.5% in Poole
- there are a higher proportion of households in privately rented accommodation in this area, 21.2% of households in Parkstone ward compared to 14.6% in Poole
- this ward has a much greater proportion of its household spaces in purpose-built flats than Poole overall
- the characteristics of these households reveal that lone person households make up a greater share of the households in this area than in Poole
- the proportion of the economically active population aged 16-74 who are unemployed is lower in Parkstone ward than in Poole. Self-employment levels are also higher in this area
- most residents in this area are employed in managerial or professional occupations.
- residents of Parkstone ward are more qualified than Poole overall with 35.9% having qualifications at Level 4 or above compared to 25.5% in Poole
More details about the Parkstone ward 2011 census area profile.
Page last updated: 22 February 2019