Hamworthy West ward is located in the south west of Poole and shares boundaries with Hamworthy East and Creekmoor. Areas in Hamworthy West include Rockley (where the Marine Base and Holiday Camp are) and Turlin Moor Estate.
- in 2011 the resident population of Hamworthy West ward was 7,099 people with 2,861 households
- Hamworthy West has on average a younger aged resident population than Poole with an average age of 37.8 compared to 42.1
- owner occupation in Hamworthy West Ward is lower than in Poole overall. The proportion of residents living in socially rented accommodation from the council is higher than both Poole and England and Wales
- there were more lone parent households with dependent children in this area. This ward has a higher proportion of its households with no adults in employment with dependent children in comparison with Poole
- a greater proportion of households in Hamworthy West ward had no access to a car or van than in Poole overall
- the proportion of the economically active population aged 16-74 who are unemployed is higher in Hamworthy West ward than in Poole
- among the economically inactive population in this ward there are higher rates of long-term sickness or disability and looking after the home or family
- residents of Hamworthy West ward are less qualified than Poole overall with 26.6% of 16-74 year olds having no qualifications compared to 21.4% in Poole
More details about the Hamworthy West ward 2011 census area profile.
Page last updated: 22 February 2019