There is a clear sense of community between Canford Heath East ward and Canford Heath West ward. Many residents would consider Canford Heath as one whole area that has developed together. An example of this would be school catchment areas which cover Canford Heath as a whole. Therefore this ward profile should be considered alongside the ward profile for Canford Heath West.
Canford Heath East ward is located in the centre of Poole and shares boundaries with Canford Health West, Oakdale, Newtown and Alderney wards. Haymoor Bottom Nature Reserve, an area of heathland and open grassland is located in the north and along the eastern boundary.
- in 2011 the resident population of Canford Heath East ward was 7,624 people with 2,898 households.
- the area has a much greater population density with the number of people per hectare being 37.9 compared to 22.8 in Poole as a whole.
- Canford Heath East has on average a younger resident population with an average age of 38.1 compared to 42.1.
- owner occupation of accommodation is higher in this ward compared to Poole overall.
- a higher proportion of residents are qualified to NVQ Level 1 or 2 in this ward.
More details about Canford Heath East ward 2011 census area profile.
Page last updated: 22 February 2019