Canford Cliffs ward is located in the south east of Poole and shares boundaries with Branksome East, Branksome West and Penn Hill wards. The residential area of Branksome Park makes up the majority of this ward with Canford Cliffs to the south west and Sandbanks in the south.
- in 2011, the resident population of Canford Cliffs was 8,620 people with 4,413 households
- Canford Cliffs ward has on average a older population than Poole overall with an average age of 53.6 compared to 42.1
- residents in Canford Cliffs were less likely to respond that they had 'very good health', with 43.3% compared to 46.5% in Poole
- a greater proportion of its residents reported their day-to-day activities were limited by a long-term illness or disability
- owner occupation of accommodation is higher in this ward than both the Borough and national rates
- a higher proportion of residents that are economically inactive are so because there are retired in this ward
More details about Canford Cliffs Ward 2011 census area profile.
Page last updated: 15 February 2019