Alderney ward is located to the east of Poole and shares boundaries with Newtown, Branksome East, Branksome West, Canford Heath East, Canford Heath West and Merley and Bearwood wards.
- in 2011 the resident population of Alderney ward was 11,423 people with 4,619 households
- Alderney has on average a younger aged resident profile than Poole overall with an average age of 40.3 compared to 42.1
- a lower proportion of Alderney ward's residents reported that they had 'very good health', with 40.7% compared to 46.5% in Poole
- a greater proportion of this ward's residents reported that their day-to-day activities were limited by a long-term illness or disability, with 22.1% compared with 18.5% in Poole
- owner occupation of accommodation is lower among Alderney ward's households compared to Poole overall
- there is a higher proportion of households with no adults in employment with dependent children in this ward
- the proportion of economically active residents aged 16-74 who are unemployed is higher in Alderney ward than in Poole overall
- among the economically inactive population in Alderney ward there are higher rates of 'long-term sickness or disability' and 'looking after the home or family' compared to Poole overall
- residents in Alderney ward are less qualified than Poole overall with 31.6% of 16-74 year olds having no qualifications compared to 21.4% in Poole
- it is one of the larger wards in Poole with a size of 362 hectares
More details about the Alderney ward 2011 census area profile.
Page last updated: 22 February 2019