How you can help tackle crime

Report crimes

If incidents are not reported, we cannot get a true picture of crime in Poole.

To contact the police when it isn't an emergency, call 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111. Always dial 999 in an emergency if a crime is in progress or life is in danger.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired, you can text Dorset Police on 07766425243 (non-emergencies only). In an emergency, you can text Dorset Police on 80999. You will need to register for this service first.

Voluntary work

Would you like to get involved in a local group that helps to meet some of our aims? Please contact Poole Volunteer Centre for details of voluntary groups in Poole on 01202 682046.

Tension monitoring

The Safer Poole Partnership has produced a guide to monitoring community tension– described as “a state of community dynamics which may lead to disorder, threaten the peace and stability of communities, or raise the levels of fear and anxiety in the whole, or a part of, the local community” – to help partners to identify and report concerns.

The document lists common signs of community tension and gives details of how they should be reported. It also explains what happens to the information once it has been reported.

Page last updated: 05 December 2019
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.