The community development team assists the community in building sustainable capacity to address issues that affect their lives and locality, with the aim of reducing cost demand and to support communities in improving their social environment and achieve a better quality of life. Our work promotes active participation and community empowerment, offering support both to individuals, and through the formation and maintenance of partnerships and local groups.
We support communities in making best use of their social and physical assets, support asset transfer arrangements and funding bids. We provide the link between communities and the council and other agencies, supporting and connecting strategies and local initiatives, working in partnership across all sectors to address demographic and financial challenges.
Our priorities are:
- caring for the social environment
- developing community infrastructure
- building vibrant communities
- building socially prosperous, healthy, sustainable communities – supporting vulnerable individuals, families and groups
- developing integrated services linking council, community and voluntary agencies through partnerships and complementary integrated services
- building networks to sign-post groups to other suitable resources, events and facilities
- supporting local groups and community centres
Page last updated: 15 January 2021