Licensing Act 2003

The Licensing Act 2003 covers any establishment that wishes to supply alcohol, regulated entertainment and late night refreshment, such as:

  • public houses
  • theatres
  • cinemas
  • restaurants
  • nightclubs
  • hotels

View the licensing register

Temporary events

A temporary event notice (TEN) can be used to authorise small-scale events involving the sale and supply of alcohol and the provision of public entertainment.

Statement of licensing policy

Our statement of licensing policy is a legally required document and is reviewed every 5 years. It sets out the steps we take to promote the licensing objectives. 

How to make an application

From 6 April 2017, all applications for a new premises licence, transfer of premises licence and personal licences have to be made by someone who is over the age of 18 and if they are living in the UK they must be entitled to work in the UK in a licensable activity.

To be valid, all applications must be accompanied by a copy of one of the documents as shown in Annex A.

You can apply by post or online via the Home Office website. Information about application fees can be found on the GOV.UK website.

How to make representations on an application

Representations about a current application must be made in writing and received by us either on or before the date shown on the notice advertising the application.

Guidance notes are available for how to make a licensing representation.

Please send representations to:

The Licensing Team
BCP Council
Town Hall Annexe
St Stephens Road


Public notices

The following is a list of current licence applications:

Licensing applications

Licensing applications - 25 Jun to 2 Jul 2020
No licensing applications - 18 Jun to 25 Jun 2020
Licensing applications - 11 Jun to 18 Jun 2020
Licensing applications - 04 Jun to 11 Jun 2020

Page last updated: 10 July 2020
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.