Gambling Act permits

Under the Gambling Act 2005, the Licensing Authority is responsible for dealing with the following permits and registrations: 

  • unlicensed family entertainment centre permit
  • registration of small lottery licences
  • club gaming permits
  • club gaming machine permits
  • licensed premises gaming machine permits
  • prize gaming permits

Unlike premises licence fees, the fees for permits are prescribed by Central Government and therefore licensing authorities have no discretion in this matter. The table below show the fee structure for the various permits. 

 Alcohol licensed premises - 1 to 2 gaming machines

 One off fee

 On notification


Alcohol licensed premises - 6 or more gaming machines

Existing operator application

New application

Annual fee



Change of name

Copy of permit








Page last updated: 08 February 2019
Help us improve
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.