Bulky household waste collection

With effect from July 2020, Coronavirus (COVID-19) has caused BCP Council to make some amendments to the Household Bulky Waste Collection Services.

The changes to BCP Council’s Terms & Conditions are as follows:

Booking and Charges

When you book your collection slot, you’ll need to pay us the full amount due for the Bulky Waste Collection Services. As opposed to paying us a £20 deposit.

Changing the Collection Date, Cancellations and Refunds

Provided you tell us at least 2 working days before the scheduled collection date, we will refund you the amount that you’ve already paid.  

Arrangements for Collection of the items 

We will not collect items from inside your home.  All items must be accessible for the driver to collect. For example, all items being put on your driveway or in your garage.

Collection Days

You don’t need to be present at your home at the agreed time collection slot.

You won’t be required to sign a Waste Transfer Collection Note. The driver will sign the Waste Transfer Collection Note on behalf of BCP Council and post it through your letter box. 

1. Overview

Bulky household waste is domestic waste that is too big or too heavy for your normal black bin collection.

If you want to dispose of a bulky household waste item, such as a bed, mattress, sofa or fridge and you can't take it to the Nuffield Household Waste Recycling Centre or Millhams Household Recycling Centrewe can collect it from your property for a small charge.

This service is only available to Christchurch and Poole residents.

BCP Council provides the Bulky Waste Services to you subject to our Terms and Conditions. To book a collection and once you’ve read our Terms and conditions, please call our Customer Services team on 01202 123123.

If someone else may want your items, you can:

  • sell them, for example, using Gumtree
  • give them away using a refuse network such as Freegle or Freecycle
  • use a collection service if offered by a charity, for example, The British Heart Foundation, Julia's House, Age UK or Sue Ryder

If you are buying new white goods (such as fridges and washing machines), or even large items of furniture, we suggest that you speak to the company you are buying them from to see if they can remove your old item from your home. Sometimes the company may charge you a small fee.

Page last updated: 19 April 2021
Help us improve poole.gov.uk
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.