Housing Benefit


Housing Benefit helps you pay your rent if you're on a low income and your savings and investments are below a certain level. Claiming Housing Benefit will not affect any other benefits you get.

If you or you partner are of working age, not already claiming and need help with your rent, you will need to claim Universal Credit, unless: 

  • you live in specified accommodation where you receive care and support from your landlord, or
  • you live in temporary accommodation, or
  • you are entitled to Severe Disability Premium (SDP)

How much you are entitled to depends on your personal circumstances, you can use benefit calculators for an idea of what you might be entitled to. More information about pension credit is available on a pension credit factsheet.

Page last updated: 15 May 2019
Help us improve poole.gov.uk
This is just for feedback on our website, not comments or questions about our services. Feedback on services will not be passed on. To tell us anything else, contact us.

Please don't include any personal or financial information.