Please read our general privacy notice as well as this notice.
What we do
The Concessionary Fares Bus Pass Section is responsible for the administration of English National Concessionary Fares Bus Passes for residents of the BCP Council area.
The purposes we use your personal information for
We collect and process your personal information to provide these services to you. This will include:
- assessing applications for ENCTS bus passes to see whether they meet the eligibility criteria
- maintaining a database of Concessionary Pass holders
- issuing replacement passes and answering queries as necessary
The personal information we collect and use
We only obtain and use the information we need to provide our services to you. We do obtain and use special category information.
The law we use to process your personal information
The GDPR/DPA conditions we meet:
The conditions that we use to process your personal information are:
We also use these additional conditions to process your special category personal information:
- public task: the processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest or for our official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
- public interest: the processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, in this instance for Statutory etc. and government purposes – the exercise of a function conferred on a person by an enactment or rule of law (statutory functions).
Who we may share your information with
- ESP Systex Ltd – concessionary fares database provider
- Euclid Ltd – concessionary fares pass printer and database provider
- Smart Applications Management Ltd (formally South West Smart Applications Ltd) – not for profit organisation producing smart card provisions for local authorities and bus operators
- Police and other Emergency Services
- Stour Valley & Poole Partnership
- Other local authorities
- The Cabinet Office as required for the National Fraud Initiative
Your information will not be disclosed to any other organisations, except where we are required and allowed to by law.
How long we keep information about you
We will retain this information whilst you hold a valid bus pass with BCP Council and for a period of 7 years after you cease to hold a valid bus pass, as set by the Department of Transport.
If you have a concern about how we are using your information, we would ask you to contact us in the first instance using the address below:
Concessionary Fares Team
Data Protection Officer
If you are not satisfied with a response to your concerns from the Service, our Data Protection Officer can review any issues regarding Information Rights legislation if necessary. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the address below:
Data Protection Officer
Information Governance Team
For further information about Information Rights legislation, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk or by telephone 0303 123 1113.
Page last updated: 01 April 2019