Please read the council’s general privacy notice as well as this notice.
What we do
- We are responsible for collecting yours and the cared for persons data to provide the Carers in Crisis service for Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole.
- We use the information provided to enable us to find replacement care if there is a problem and you are unable to do so yourself.
The purposes we use your personal information for
We collect and process yours and the cared for persons personal information to provide this service. This will include:
- all information of how and who is involved in providing care for the cared for person.
- understanding the cared for persons support network and health conditions to respond appropriately in an emergency.
The personal information we collect and use
We only obtain and use the information we need to provide our services to you. We do obtain and use special category information.
The law we use to process your personal information
The main legislation that provides us with the statutory basis to deliver our services is:
- Care Act 2014 – adult social care
- Mental Health Act 1983 – adult social care
- Mental Capacity Act 2005 – adult social care
The GDPR/DPA conditions we meet The conditions that we use to process your personal information are:
- Contract: the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract with you
- Vital interests: the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life or protect them from harm.
Special category personal information
We also use these additional conditions to process your special category personal information:
- Health or social care: the processing is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social care or treatment or the management of health or social care systems and service
Who we may share your information with
We may also share your personal information with these organisations:
- other Local Government Departments including Housing, Customer Services, Revenue and Benefits, Legal Services, Adult Social Care, Children’s Social Care, Safeguarding, Commissioning Services and the Policy, Performance and Insight team.
- Dorset Healthcare University Foundation Trust
- South West Ambulance Service
- Dorset Police, other Emergency Services, National Probation Services
- Social and Welfare Advisers or Practitioners
- Healthcare Providers
- Immigration Services
- Housing Associations
- other contracted service providers for example those who provide out ICT software and carry out maintenance to our call monitoring systems.
How long we keep information about you
We will retain this information for 24 months from the cancellation of your service as stated in our retention schedule and in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
Page last updated: 02 March 2020